Joomla is already having its first days under 1.5 version and most of us
are eager to find out the new features and improvements that it may have.
The majority of components, modules, mambots and templates are still NOT
compatible wtih Joomla 1.5.
So, you must be carefull when upgrading or installing a new website
under Joomla 1.5 To make it easier for ya we are going to write down a simple guide to
make your 1.0 template compatitble with 1.5, so here it goes:
- Find the css file(located under templates/name_of_template/css/)
and rename it from template_css.css to template.css,
if its already named like this then just leave it.
- Open template's index.php, found at
templates/name_of_template/, and replace the top
head code of your document with the following:
- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="language; ?>" lang="language; ?>" dir="direction; ?>" >
<jdoc:include type="head" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/baseurl ?>/templates/template ?>/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
- Replace mainbody code from to <jdoc:include type="component" style="xhtml" />
- Replace all code that are related to modules, for example replace
with <jdoc:include type="modules" name="header" style="xhtml" />
Save index.php and your are ready to go.
If it doesnt work i suggest to visit the tutorial found at the official Joomla forum.