|Stealth your Joomla Website|
Here you will find a simple guide that lets you move your
configuration.php out of you publc_html folder.
All script kiddies and hackers are looking for common Joomla directory
They assume that your configuration file is located where default Joomla
installation puts it.Moving this file will make harder to be found and that
means that one of the most important php files of your Joomla
website will be more secure than before.
Keep in mind that if you use this tip you must make
any future configuration changes from the php file itself
and not from Joomla admin interface.
Follow the steps below and keep you Joomla website secure:
1) Backup your configuration.php
2) FTP to your Joomla Website
3) Create a directory where you will put
your configuration.php, we called it 'hideme'
4) Select and move configuration.php thats located
under public_html directory to the 'hideme' directory.
5) Rename it as you want, we renamed it as 'con.php'
6) Create a new blank configuration.php and open it
with an editor or notepad
Put there the following code(in red):
Where you see xxxxxx you must put the path that
you see next to $log_path
at your original configuration.php
6) Save it and upload it to public_html directory
7) Last but not least in order to achieve maximum security
you should change your new
configurations php(con.php in our example) privileges to 444.
Refresh yor website and see if everything works fine.
You re done!!!
- Joomla Dreamweaver Extension
- Import your Wordpress blog into Joomla website
- Cant login to admin area? How To Reset your password.
- How to add a Module Class Suffix
- Stealth your Joomla Website
- Moving Joomla Websites
- Make your Joomla homepage unique
- How to Backup your Joomla Website(the simple way)
- Convert Joomla templates from 1.0 to 1.5
- Joomla Friendly Hosting