|Joomla Friendly Hosting|
Joomla websites in order to work as expected need to be hosted on Joomla friendly hosting servers. Even though Joomla can be installed in most of the available hosting solutions, only few of them are have a joomla friendly environment that will help you build your Joomla website without any problems.
Joomla friendly hosting server is one of the most serious decisions you may have to take before publishing your website on the web. Below we are going to list some of the requirements a hosting server should have in order to be tagged as "Joomla Friendly Hosting". Joomla is build mostly for Linux hosting servers so the following requirements refer to that specific hosting solution.
Currently we have tested and approved the above hosting solutions as Joomla Friendly:
Requirements for tagging a hosting server as "Joomla Friendly":
- PHP Version: 5.2+ (Minimum 4.3.10).
- MySQL Version: 4.1.x+ (3.23).
- Apache Version: 2.x+ (1.3).
- - Apache mod_mysql extension(this extension is usually installed as default into apache).
- Apache mod_xml extension(this extension is usually installed as default into apache).
- Apache mod_zlib extension(this extension is usually installed as default into apache).
- Apache mod_rewrite extension, for running sef and seo urls.
- .htaccess support for overriding default apache server settings and enabling sef urls.
Additional Requirments that will make your life easier working with Joomla:
- Web Hosting Control Panel like "cpanel" so that you can easily manage your hosting account and its settings
- phpMyAdmin installed so that you can view, edit and update your joomla MySQL database easier.
- Joomla Dreamweaver Extension
- Import your Wordpress blog into Joomla website
- Cant login to admin area? How To Reset your password.
- How to add a Module Class Suffix
- Stealth your Joomla Website
- Moving Joomla Websites
- Make your Joomla homepage unique
- How to Backup your Joomla Website(the simple way)
- Convert Joomla templates from 1.0 to 1.5
- Joomla Friendly Hosting